Planning to join SAT Coaching in Chennai? Era World provides score-raising ideas & SAT preparation customised to your learning style.
The SAT is an entrance exam used by most colleges and universities to make admissions decisions. The SAT is a multiple-choice, pencil-and-paper test created and administered by the College Board. SAT scores are used to gauge a high school student’s readiness for college, and provide colleges with one common data point that can be used to compare all applicants. Apart from the SAT score, your high school grades, letters of recommendation, extracurricular activities, admissions interviews, and personal essays are evaluated to arrive at an admission decision. Overall, the higher you score on the SAT and/or ACT, the more options for attending and paying for college will be available to you. Hence, our SAT course is a comprehensive exam prep program to give support to students break down the obstacle and attain their academic targets.We stick to a standardized teaching methodology that aims to develop a learner’s complete reading, writing, comprehension and mathematical skills- not just rote learning.
There are no criteria as per the minimum marks required for sitting for SAT exam. However the candidate should keep in mind the following points:
- SAT (SAT Reasoning Test or SAT subjects Test or both) is typically taken by high school juniors and seniors. Indian students who have completed their 12 years of school education successfully from any recognized Indian board or university can take SAT for admission in the different streams available in various American colleges.
- Several colleges need a good SAT score along with a good academic record. Besides that, colleges conduct their own tests, like Essay Writing, Personality Test etc and also ask for Curriculum Vitae and recommendations from teachers etc. A nicely written CV (Curriculum Vitae) so that it reflects brilliantly about the aspirant may be of great help.
- Some colleges specify the Subject Tests they require for admission or placement; others allow applicants to choose which tests to take.
- You can take it during your Class XI or even after the XII boards. Just keep your college application deadlines in mind as admission decisions are largely dependent on SAT scores (along with GPA, transcript, recommendations, etc.).
- There is no age limit for being eligible for SAT but normally you sit for SAT after your 11th or 12th for admissions to university courses.
Candidates need to complete the registration before the deadline to book the desired exam slot. Candidates will have an option to either fill the complete registration form online or register via mail. Along with the SAT registration, candidates will have to pay an amount as the application form fee. The fee will vary for different types of SAT. The stepwise procedure to complete the SAT registration is as follows.
- How to Complete Online Registration?
1st Step – Visit the official website of College Board, that is, collegeboard.org
2nd Step – Create an account by entering the name
3rd Step – Enter details including personal details, high school details, academic details, college level details, etc.
4th Step – Choose the preferred test centre and test date
5th Step – Choose the type of test, that is, ‘SAT’ or ‘SAT Subject Test’
6th Step – Upload photograph as per the prescribed specifications
7th Step – Pay the requisite application fee
- How to Complete SAT Registration by Mail?
1st Step – Obtain ‘The Student Registration Guide for the SAT and SAT Subject Tests’, available at schools
2nd Step – The student registration guide will comprise the registration form and a return envelope
3rd Step – Candidates need to attach relevant documents and a demand draft along with the filled-in application form
4th Step – The mailed forms will be directed to the regional office of the representative of SAT in India, that is, USIEF.
Candidates can check out the detailed SAT Fee levied below:
- The fee for only the SAT exam is $52 + Non-U.S. Regional Fee. Non-U.S. Regional Fee for students giving SAT Test in India is $49, so the total SAT fee is $101
- The fee for the SAT exam with Essay is $68 + Non-U.S. Regional Fee. So, the total fee for the SAT exam with Essay is $68 + $49 = $117
- For subject tests, candidates have to pay an additional $26 as a basic subject test fee
- For SAT subject tests, some additional fee might be required
The SAT exam will have two sections, first is the Reading and Writing section, second is the Mathematics section. Both the sections of the SAT exam have a score range of 200 – 800. However, the total score range is within the bar of 400 to 1600. Candidates will be able to view their scores in comparison to other test takers. Candidates can expect the release of their score reports within 4-5 weeks of taking the exam. Soon after the release of the SAT exam scores, the College Board will start sending the score report to the institutes chosen by the candidate.
SAT Exam Pattern takes Three Hours 45 Minutes. This time period consists of 10 separately timed sections.
|Three sections of test critical reading||70 minutes total|
|Three sections test mathematics||70 minutes total|
|Three sections test writing||60 minutes total|
|Last section tests critical reading/ writing||25 minutes total|